Friday, September 30, 2011

Assuming

"Peter! Get in here!"
"What is it, sir?
"Why did you not organize these POS reports the way I asked?"
"Well, I just kind of assumed you would appreciate how much more sense it makes this way."
"I see. What is it that you do when you assume things, Peter?"
"I… well… I skip over several steps of thought after determining by way of logical probability that they are unnecessary."
"And what is it that you do when you utilize logical probabilities, Peter?"
"Um… I maximize my efficiency by making faster decisions while maintaining a high chance of being correct."
"And what is it that you do when you maintain a high chance of being correct, Peter?"
"I… I don't know what you want me to say, sir."
"You make an ass out of you and me, Peter. You make an ass out of you and me."

___________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to be spending the next week or two in Ireland! In fact, I'm already here. So far it has been just as awesomely scenic as I had hoped it would be. Unfortunately, I have no idea when, or how often I will have internet access, so posts here may be scarce for the next little while. Have a good one! I know I will.

2 comments: